Friday, February 03, 2006

Early taxes

Sometimes I’m too practical, Christmas 2005 I asked for and received TurboTax. At the end of January I’ve collected most of tax documents expected and so trying to be a good citizen I used Turbo Tax to prepare my tax forms last weekend in an hour’s time. Everything went smoothly including the e-filing. The Federal and NY State forms were accepted but the state of Arnold sends me a new form which is supposed to be a tax credit that I have to file. Shit so now I have to file an addendum, so much for being a good citizen. At least now I have some money to dump into my tiny Roth IRA and some money to fly home to the land of Arnold for a summer vacation or off to Cincinnati.

Just remember at times there’s no point in doing your taxes early.

1 comment:

Jane said...

yeah, i've done taxes early the last couple of years and then some other tax form arrives that i forgot to factor in. i think one year i forgot that i was a notetaker for one of my classes and didn't report those earnings which sucked cuz it meant a bigger refund, like an extra $5. lol. last year, the government didn't like how we calculated our taxes, so they redid it for us and our refund was like $20 less. bastards. this year, we're turbotaxing it too, but we'll prolly wait 'til later this month to do them.
oh, we got something from cali too. it's this form saying how much our refund was last year. so does this mean we have to pay taxes on the money that they already taxed and then refunded back to us cuz we're poh!?! that's so stupid!