This Blog will be a hodgepodge of thoughts hopefully, understandable.
My first thought is that how do I explain my days in the lab. I suppose the days are similar to Jamie and Adam and crew on Myth Busters on the Discovery channel. They spend all day researching a problem and spend time designing experiments to test them. In my realm it is biological one while their thoughts focus on the myth at hand. They spend most time after that setting up and building toys for the experiment to bust or accept the myth. Likewise I spend my days growing cells, making drugs for cancer treatment, and injecting cancerous cells into mice models. I have to plan according to the toys’ biological lifespan, meaning if cells need to get more nutrients on Christmas day, my ass has to be here on Christmas Day to feed them. The actual experiments only take a few days as opposed to the weeks and months I have to set up the experiments. If a toys breaks I have to wait and build a new one. Their myth experiments only take a few days or seconds to carry out as well.
So yesterday I treated a prostate cancer cell line with drugs and looked for cell death. In other studies, these drugs only killed cancerous cells and left normal cells intact in culture. Now my job is to make liters of these drugs and test them in mice, start the animal models.
It’s finally nice to a real experiment…as opposed to toy building. I’m building new toys, tomorrow I get to give mice cancer. In a week I hope that the drugs we’ve designed and made gallons of will decrease the tumor size I made a week early. I think kids would appreciate their toys more if they had to make them.
Anyways to anther topic, I bumped into my cousin (actually god-brother) who now a professional DJ. I thought of him on 7/12 because that’s his pager code. Just for the hell of it, I did a google search. He as a DJ school in the city (naturally SF, not the NYC) I emailed his ass and he replied….He began scratching in his early teens and never stopped. After he graduated from
http://www.norcaldjmpa.com/
Wow….that’s not the end of it. He’s on tour with a band called the Transplants as the band DJ who is now on tour, the Warped Tour. They are on a bus going from state to state and eventually on

1 comment:
Hey, I know how the transplants are. They had that one cool song a few years ago...I forgot the name of it. Now that song is playing on Garnier commercials for women with frizzy hair.
It's cool that you found your cousin/god-brother. It's always nice to reconnect with family. I'm sort of doing that with my cousin. But she's 45 and married to an extremely rich (but unpretentious) man. I kind of think we're on different orbits right now and am not sure if we'll ever form a real bond. It would be nice to have a female relative (outside my mom) that I can talk to though.
Post a Comment