Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Comfort Food

What are some your favorite comfort food? When I need a meal that think is a great pick-me up and makes me think of home I look for pancakes, cornbeef, egg, and rice(which is interchagable with spam), fried chicken, ice cream, a good In and Out burger! A big bowl of cereal is a good thing to find in a moment's notice.

As you guessed right Cathy and I had cornbeef eggs, and rice for dinner tonight and yesterday we had the pancakes with syrup drenched all over. I guess I look for these things during times of stress. Cathy and I have exams this week and we're both hoping to make it to Friday.

Alas In and Out burgers are only native to the warm shores of California. Boo-hoo.

I also enjoy these comfort foods with old movies from my yester-years like Karate Kid I and II or the Back to the Future series but now a good stand in is the American Pie flicks.

But not to deviate from the topic at hand, I even miss the mundane Americana favorites like the Grand Slams or the Moon Over my Hammies from Dennies after a late night of drinking and bull shitting or clubbing. Diners here are novelties for the rich for those who dwell in Mangattan's Uppper East side.

BTW many of the soul food joints that litter the NYC charge 15 bucks for fried chicken, corn bread, and candied yams. Is that really worth the money for that?

As those times are fun to think about my metabolism can't handle that overload of grease, calories, and kilograms of malnutrition.


I can't get fat just thinking about that good food, right?!

4 comments:

cat said...

did you know that you posted the same paragraph twice? You should try to edit that. Just remember that we eat spam, eggs, and rice too.

Rosella said...

The usual chocolate, ice cream, pizza, and chips are probably my favorite comfort foods. And maybe a warm mixed-berry pie.

I barely go to Denny's anymore and would probably not miss it if I ever moved away from one. But I do like the "always open" aspect of the restaurant.

23r0 1m@g1n@t10n said...

Janey and I both are missing Pho shops. There is a new one opening up in HydePark square. can't wait. Right near Arthurs (Home of Burger Maddness!!!)

I love the fact there are 15 possible toppings for a burger and you can have any of them or all of them for $5.99

Last time we were there for BURGER MADNESS!!! we had Bleu Cheese, swiss cheese, provolone cheese, muenster cheese, bacon, sauteed mushrooms, and grilled onions. The toppings were as thick as the burger and the burger was fricken huge.

Anonymous said...

eat watever u want.. however, portion and variety are key. try, as much as possible, to cut back on fatty foods and sweets(i should take my own advice sometime). im sure there are some simple and quick recipes you can put together in no time. toss a salad throw some meat on it.. or noodles with veggies and meat.. or sandwiches.. and u guys can splurge on the weekends or every other weekend.. watever. i kno its not easy finding the right foods to eat but its better that you watch out for it now rather than pay for it later on ur hospital bills. ya feel me? oh yea.. whole wheat and grains are best for u daily... so u can shit all that grease out of ur ass. tee hee hee =) ok i'll shut up now.