Tuesday, October 25, 2005

headache talking or is that me?

I’m not sure how I’m feeling today, angry, aggressive, and tired. I have a short fuse and I’m tired of being cooped up in my apartment and need to go to the city.  I’ve got a pounding headache or is that sinus congestion?  But when I get there, what will I do, find some nice sit down dessert place and stuff my mouth with something rich and thick which is low in nutrition.  Cathy has mentioned that she would make brownies but has been too busy to create this treat, which I could finish off by myself in a few hours.  I don’t want to push the issue because she is tired and lately our schedules afford us little time together to eat dinner at the same time. I think the few times I do remember hearing her voice is telling ass to get out of bed in the morning.  


But here are some issues on my mind,  I think we work too much, many Americans can’t point out Iraq on the map or let alone tell you why invaded Iraq in the first place.  Hell, I can’t even point out NY on the map.    Life should slow down a bit so we can keep up with shit.  

Parenting classes and money management should be mandatory in public schools starting early like 6-12 grades, a little every year, not just once and we’re done like sex education.  How does one balance a budget and live on less than 20K a year and not be in debt? Repetition should reinforce the facts into their brains.  And parenting should be screened so the stupid people are not breeding.  

Actors and professional athletes should be less money and be required to give back to the public.    A bigger push should be created toward math and science so we can compete with India and China and have a better skilled workforce.

That’s it for now.

4 comments:

Rosella said...

"How does one balance a budget and live on less than 20K a year and not be in debt?"

I don't think it's possible unless you live with your parents or something.

I think they need to teach sex education every damn year. It always saddens me when I see young girls getting pregnant, when there are so many different types of birth control out there. Shit, the stupid condom can break and they still can take the "morning after" pill. So there is no reason girls can't at least try to prevent an unwanted pregnancy.

But beyond that, kids should also be taught that there's more to life than having a kids. Kids need to be encouraged to find some kind of passion in life, whether it's art, academics or sports, so that they can develop some sort of self-worth. Besides being irresponsible when it comes to birth control, I think the reason kids have kids is because they somehow think that having a baby will fill the void that lies within them.

nycderf said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nycderf said...

cathy and i are living on a 20k subsidized housing income and we're not too much in debt, not considering the student loans we piled up before entering the phD program.

once the basics are met, food, clothing, shelter, fucking (within responsibility) kids should do something else like get some job skills so they can support themselves.
I do agree with all the points you made. Couples need two forms of protection, a rubber and a patch.

Rosella said...

I agree about kids getting job skills. One thing my parents should have made me do was get a job as a teen and pay for at least my housing throughout college. Hopefully it doesn't sound like I'm ungrateful or blaming them for anything, but I think I would have been a little more responsible if they didn't dote on me as much as they have. But I think that's what differentiates American parents from Asian parents. While Americans like to instill a sense of independence in their kids, Asians instill interdependence. I think a balance between the two is ideal.