Perhaps Cathy and I have underestimated the costs and monumental task of planning and financing a wedding. We’ve set a budget for 10K or a bit more but in my mind where does all the expense come from? We’ve set the guest list for 200 and those who do not RVSP will not be allowed to enter. If we buffet style in the St Anne’s hall (our first compromise), how much does it cost to feed 200 freeloaders, I mean guests? My uncle’s catering business can accommodate 200 in the hall. 2 kegs and wine, 2 lechons, lumpia, palabok, and rice….where are the cost coming from? Videographer or Photographer?
We can save by Eviting instead of snail mail cards. Can you imagine all the people that won’t come because they can’t check their email?
In case we want to give my uncle a rest then, let’s eat a large Chinese restaurant. I told Cathy we would like to have our honeymoon in
The questions is now: Is 10K enough? What haven’t I thought of? Can you give me a rough estimate of things to pay for?
I have 50 people in my family and 15-20 friends I would invite.

2 comments:
I think the way to save is by doing a lot of the work. For example, it's entirely possible to create the invitations, programs, favors, attire, and flowers on your own and/or with the help of your friends and family. Find a musically talented member of the family to play music during your ceremony. You don't need professionals doing that crap.
The weddingchannel.com is a good site to go to for planning your wedding. It includes a budget calculator which gives you a breakdown of all the wedding expenses. Although you have to create a username and password to access this calculator, it's worth your time. Good luck!
if you don't have the time to put in the work, costco.com does good looking invites for cheap: $330.26 for 200 personalized invites w/double envelopes & tissue paper, reception cards, response cards, & thank you cards w/envelopes. by the time you buy the paper and printer ink to do it yourself, it may end up being cheaper to have it done for you.
like rosella said, a lot of the do-it-yourself stuff will save you some mula in the process, and so long as you start early it's no problem. 10K is a reasonable budget. peter and i prolly spent 6K total on ours, but that was with a lot of help from friends and family.
Post a Comment